Ricotta Berry Breakfast Crostini
Crostini usually make their appearance as an appetizer. They are merely little pieces of toast topped with anything from a nice brush of olive oil and salt to almost anything else on the planet. And since toast for breakfast isn’t exactly a new idea, what have we been waiting for?
One more thing….SPRING, SPRING, SPRING, SPRING! Hi, spring! How are you? What took you so long? Can you stay for a while? Like a really long time? Can I take my winter coat to the dry cleaners? Please let me know. Thanks.Print
- 12 baguette slices (cut on diagonal for more surface area)
- ½ cups ricotta cheese (if you can get fresh, it’s a beautiful thing)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cups sliced strawberries or whole raspberries
1. In a toaster or a preheated 350°F oven, toast the baguette slices until they are very lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the ricotta and honey. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices, and evenly distribute the berries over the tops.