The Best, Basic Marinade of the Summer: Dijon, Garlic and Lemon Marinade
Makes 2/3 cup
At the end of a hot summer day, we all like to fling a piece of chicken or fish or steak on the grill, and be eating dinner with no fuss in short order. But not a boring dinner, no that’s not for us. With this 5-ingredient mixture you’ll be turning the most basic piece of protein into a meal you’d be happy to serve your family and just about anyone who might stop by on a warm summer night. This will last for at least 5 days in the fridge.
If you want one boilerplate marinade for the summer, this is it. Perfect for chicken, pork, shrimp, and any kind of fish. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, up to 12 for bone-in pieces, shrimp for 30 minutes to 1 hour, and fish for 30 minutes. The mustard helps emulsify the marinade, making it thicker so it really clings to the food. Serve with a Garlicky Garden Pasta Salad, or a Modern Greek Salad. This is also a great salad dressing.
Other marinades to try:Print
- 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Put the olive oil, shallots, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl of a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.