One Pot Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
So excited that Kohl’s Cares has selected The Mom 100 Cookbook to be featured in their kids program. This amazing program has raised over $257 million to support children’s health and educational initiatives across the country. In honor of their giving spirit, here is a little sneak preview of my next cookbook, The Mom 100 Family Table. Whenever I find myself in possession of a new jar of preserves from a farm stand, or given to me by a generous friend, I make these One Pot Raspberry Oatmeal Bars. They are the favorite summertime dessert of the moment for my family, and I hope you’ll like them as much as my guys do. And the entire recipe comes together in just one pot, no extra bowls. How lovely.
I hope everyone will go to their local Kohl’s, or check out the website and order the special edition of The Mom 100 Cookbook. 100% of the net profit from the sale of this item will support kids’ health and education initiatives in communities nationwide. Visit the Kohl’s Cares® site to learn more.Print
- 1 cups (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons Kosher or coarse salt
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (10 to 12-ounce) jar raspberry or blueberry or whatever jam, preferably seedless
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8 x 8 –inch baking metal pan, or spray with nonstick cooking spray (if you use a glass pan, the cooking time will be a little longer).
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt, then blend in the oats; the mixture should be very crumbly.
3. Measure 2 ½ cups of the mixture (a little more than half) into the baking pan and press it firmly into the bottom so that it is evenly distributed. Spoon the jam over the top of the crumb base, using the back of the spoon to spread it evenly. Evenly distribute the reserved crumb topping over the top, pressing it lightly into the jam (it will just cover the filling).